We are seeking a Quality Assurance Technologist for our client, based in Newtownards.
Reporting to the Quality Team Leader, the Temp. Quality Assurance Technologist will be responsible for providing a technical service for assessing the quality of manufactured products and to support departmental and factory‐wide procedures and targets aimed at improving overall manufacturing standards. The role will assist with customer complaints and non‐conforming product investigations.
Pay Rate: £12.88 Per Hour + Night Shift Premium
Working Hours: Saturday 6pm - 6am
Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Carry out chemical and organoleptic assessment of manufactured UHT products and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- When required, to carry out chemical and organoleptic testing of powder products.
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits, including process audits andparticipation in customer audits.
- Perform UHT pack sterility checks to ensure pack sterility is maintained.
- When required, collect and prepare samples of powder and UHT products to send to external laboratories for testing.
- Assess the sterility of UHT products by ATP bioluminescence assay and ensuring that conforming finished products are released on time & in full. To assess the quality of incubated UHT products after 7 days and update the Quality Records accordingly.
- Promptly communicate quality issues to relevant personnel and co‐ordinate quality investigations into the root cause and scale of non‐conformances.
- Analytical Instruments – Daily maintenance and calibrations, validation of existing calibrations and verification of the accuracy of the instruments.
- Ensure that non‐conforming product is promptly isolated and details communicated to relevant personnel on completion of all quality tests.
- Ensure that laboratory is routinely cleaned and equipment is maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Collect and test swabs and assess the cleanliness of processing plant and vessels.
- Determine the hydrogen peroxide concentration of samples provided by the manufacturing team and communicate results to the relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- Carry out compositional analysis of incoming and out‐going milk products.
- Carry out chemical and organoleptic assessment of milk stocks and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Carry out additional testing as directed by the Quality Team Leader if required in response to specific customer requirements.
- Assist with training / coaching when required.
- Participation in the QA Laboratory proficiency programme. To test reference samples and submit test results on time.
- Attend and report on departmental KPI’s at daily production and quality meetings.
- When required, to provide cover in the QA laboratory, including weekends.
- Develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure compliance with standards and procedures to achieve accreditation and ongoing compliance certification.
- Responsible for own compliance with the Company’s Data Protection Policy and Data Retention Process. Must ensure that personal data is kept secure and processed in a lawful manner and that all activities relating to the handling and processing of ordinary personal data, and special category data, comply with Data Protection legislation.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co‐operate to meet business needs.
- HND/HNC Chemistry/Biology/Food Science or relevant industry experience or working towards Degree/HND/HNC Chemistry/Biology/Food Science
- Knowledge or experience of labratory instrumentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Proven experience of problem solving, investigating and resolution
- Tenacious, organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skils with a positive and enthusiastic approach
- High level of flexibiliy within a fast paced environment
- Systematic and logical with a preference for procedural based systems
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Understands customer needs – both internal and external, meets their requirements
and works to build strong and effective working relationships. Understands that
customers and customer satisfaction are the foundation of our success.
- Proactively strives to enhance existing processes to add value, is open to and curious
about new ideas and adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Takes personal accountability for results, takes on challenging goals, learns from setbacks
in order to improve future performance, makes the necessary decisions to
achieve results taking into account the impact on others.
- Shares information and ideas clearly; tailors messages to create a shared understanding;
listens actively, seeking understanding when required.
Works effectively with others, asks for help when needed and actively seeks to help
others, listens to others’ ideas and is open to these, recognises the efforts of others
and promotes a positive team spirit.
- Educated to Degree level
- HACCP Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Food analysis - Dairy or food processing environment
- Experience of Quality Managent Systems and Auditing Quality Standards
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Knowledge of product functionality assessment
This Quality Assurance Technologist is based in Newtownards, Northern Ireland. You must be authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
For more information, please contact our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 and ask to speak with Kinga.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER