Industrial Temps are delighted to work exclusively with our client J&J McConnell’s to recruit for a Visitor Experience Team Leader
Salary: £30,000 Per Annum
- Employer contributions to staff pension scheme
- 35 days holiday total (10 days off in lieu of bank holidays, 25 days holiday)
- Staff discounts in the retail, tour, bar and café
- Opportunity to cross train in different areas
Who are we?
Here, at Belfast Distillery Company, we have revived a brand established in 1776, J&J McConnell’s Irish Whisky. The hub of Irish Whisky distilling was here, in Belfast, and the home of McConnell’s was at the heart of this in our city. Through a combination of factors (world wars, American prohibition and more) the distillery was forced to close in the 1930s. And now? Well, the legend is re-born. McConnell’s Irish Whisky has been re-establishing itself as an international brand since 2019. With sales soaring worldwide, and winning awards for the quality of our products, we are now creating a brand home for our whisky with the opening of McConnell’s Distillery & Visitor Experience in North Belfast, at the historic site of the Crumlin Road Gaol. Here we hope to honor the history of Belfast’s past while bringing distilling to its future, welcoming visitors from all over the world to see our state of the art Distillery and Visitor Experience. We take pride in our product, our history and our passion for distilling and we will tell everyone who comes to visit us our exciting and unique story. In addition we will be bringing investment and employment opportunities to the local community whilst creating an incredible new tourist destination in Belfast.
Where do you fit in?
Your job is a pretty special one! It is to ensure that, by leading your team, all visitors to the J&J McConnell’s Distillery and Visitor Experience become Brand Ambassadors for McConnell’s Irish Whisky. Irrespective of the visitors going on a tour, visiting the café and retail shop or attending an event with us, your passion, team leadership skills, desire for excellence and customer satisfaction at all times will shine through, ensuring visitors have an experience they will never forget.
What will the role entail?
Leading and developing a team:
• Coaching the team to deliver world renowned standards,
• Monitoring team performance and suggesting training needs
Creating a culture:
• Ensuring the highest standards is a culture we live and breathe
• Motivating the team daily and fueling their passion for McConnell’s Irish Whisky
• Communicating our brand values and building relationships.
• Monitoring tours for accurate information, timing and exceptional personable skills,
• Ensuring every area of the building is presented immaculately
• Generating ideas to improve the Visitor Experience.
• Being a key holder and opening or closing the experience daily,
• Briefing the team and assigning goals for the day
• Creating cash floats/cashing up at the end of the day, monitoring staff rotas
Who are we looking for?
• Passionate about Belfast and McConnell’s Distillery and Visitor Experience
• At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role managing teams in hospitality or tourism
• Understanding of financial management procedures
• Experience in stock reporting and a strong commercial awareness
• A keen communicator with a passion for customer service
• A coach keen to be leading training and development for the team
• A proven drive for excellence and an eye for detail
• Knowledge of the drinks industry and/or whiskey
• Proven track record of delivering key performance indicators
• Educated to degree level or similar in relevant subject
• Cash handling experience (creation of floats and sales analysis)
• Candidate has previously been a key holder
This Visitor Experience Team Leader position is in North Belfast, Northern Ireland. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Please send CV to Kinga.McVeigh@industrialtemps.com or call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 and ask for Kinga.
Industrial Temps in partnership with Belfast Distillery Company are an equal opportunity agency and employer who collectively are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All recruitment exercises and corresponding applications will be carried out/treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any grounds. Shortlisted and successful applicants should meet or exceed the criteria expectation by submitting a CV with any additional documents to support their application by 4pm Friday 24th November 2023.
Application is by tailored CV and Supporting Statement.