We are seeking a Fitter for our client based in Derry / Londonderry. The successful candidate will maintain and repair all mechanical aspects of a vehicle, carry out vehicle inspections and associated administrative duties.
Pay rate: £30,230.42 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday with different finishing times alternate each week
Shift A: Finishes earlier on a Thursday at 4pm and Friday at 2pm
Shift B: Finishes earlier on a Thursday at 3pm and Friday at 3pm
Hours per week: 37 hours (dayshift)
Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum of 2 years’ post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles
- Relevant engineering experience on buses and/or coaches
- Recognised Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship with minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant trade or discipline.
- Experience of using IT packages
- Awareness and understanding of customer needs
- Diagnostic ability
- Ability to produce sound & safe work
- Awareness of Health & Safety at work
- Working knowledge of vehicle systems e.g. air brakes, diesel engine and fuel systems etc.
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems and body structure
- Able to work with others and with minimal supervision.
- Full current driving licence
- Flexible attitude to work and working hours with ability to work additional hours when required or at short notice
- Available for call out
- Ability to obtain a PCV licence
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post
- Vehicle inspection
- Vehicle servicing
- Vehicle defect diagnosis and repair
- Complete administrative duties associated with job
- Preparation of vehicles for P.C.V. presentation
- Respond to vehicle breakdown
- Any other appropriate duties as requested by the Supervisor
The deadline is 12 noon on Wednesday 14th February.
This fitter position is in Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this job.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV through to email@example.com or call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 ask for Rachel.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER