We are seeking an Asset Renewal Engineer for our client based in Belfast.
Pay Rate: To be discussed
Working hours: Monday to Friday with flexibility to cover other reasonable requests
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the railway engineering industry or similar heavy engineering industry in a supervisory or management role
- Possess an Engineering degree
- Experience of vehicle/complex machinery maintenance and overhaul
- Experience and knowledge of the optimization of production systems and processes
- Experience of working with Quality and Safety Management Systems
- Experience of using MS Word and MS Excel
- Sound people management skills.
- Experience of developing and managing programme budgets
- Experience in managing projects
- Ability to work outside normal working hours including occasional weekend and nightshift working
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle
- Experience of vehicle/complex machinery maintenance and overhaul preferably traction and rolling stock.
- Experience and or knowledge of continuous improvement systems and their application
- To develop, produce and deliver asset renewal programmes for the heavy maintenance and overhaul of NI Railways traction and rolling stock including all major sub-component overhaul in line with business needs.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of material and labour costs for heavy maintenance and overhaul programmes.
- Provide support in the development, production and delivery of a budget for the Main Workshops at York Road with a view to developing a self-accounting unit within the Engineering Division.
- Line management of the engineering staff at York Road Workshops in line with Company and Legislative standards.
- Implement and expand safety systems within the Workshops.
- Management of the ISO9000 Quality System.
- Maintain a positive and flexible approach to the changing work profile of York Road Workshops.
- Develop both internal and external customer/supplier relationships.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisations equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role.
The deadline is 12 noon on Wednesday 14th February.
This Asset Renewal Engineer position is in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 ask for Rachel.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER