We are seeking an Accountant for our client based in Antrim.
Pay rate: £23.67 per hour
Hours per week: 36 hours
Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full member of one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants or
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- Must have a minimum of three years post qualification (membership) experience in a finance function, including responsibility for preparation of annual financial statements and liaison with audit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of leading a successful team.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage complex financial matters
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets.
- Proven ability to analyse information, agree solutions and communicate these effectively.
- Have one years experience in a Public Sector / NDPB Accounts environment.
- Have one years experience producing / auditing NDPB accounts.
- Public Sector Procurement Experience.
- A working knowledge and/or experience of current issues in the Further Education sector and their impact on financial management.
- To provide technical advice and support on accounting and finance matters to the Head of Finance.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the business is compliant in respect of recommended Accounting practices, legislation, taxation and Governance directions.
- To manage and co-ordinate the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements in accordance with Department and Public Sector Directives, Financial reporting requirements, audit guidance and other relevant legislation / guidance.
- To ensure completion of all appropriate statutory returns and returns to the sponsoring Department or other Government bodies, for example; NDPB return, WGA, NFI, VAT, Tax, etc.
- To assist in the development of policies, procedures and systems to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the business.
-To deliver written, oral and visual reports, which a variety of audiences are able to understand in order to inform decision.
- To liaise with staff, sponsor Department, and external agencies in order to effectively research and analyse topics as directed by the Head of Finance.
- To take lead responsibility for the day to day management of all the Finance Departments internal and external audit assignments and to coordinate timely implementation of audit recommendations, reviewing and redesigning processes where necessary.
- To be responsible for developing and managing Corporate Banking arrangements including cashflow management and take lead responsibility for developing banking policies, procedures, controls and reconciliations.
- To manage the production of monthly income and expenditure reports and supporting financial statements from the computerised accounting system in accordance with business requirements and developing and testing systems to ensure a high level of internal control is maintained.
- To ensure that all standing financial procedures are regularly reviewed and updated to take accounts of best practice and guidance issued by Government Departments or audit reports.
-To be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining financial management procedures for funded projects.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all budgets, forecasts and projections are consistent with and are regularly reconciled to the businesses monthly financial accounts.
- To seek continual improvement to the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function through the development and application of the use of information and computer technology.
- To work with the Head of Finance in formulating annual and long term strategic financial planning including:
- The creation of long-term financial plans;
This Accountant position is in Antrim, Northern Ireland.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV through to email@example.com or call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 ask for Rachel
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER