We are seeking an EHS Specialist on behalf of our client, a global leader supporting the energy transition worldwide, headquartered in Lisburn.
Pay Rate: £14.22 – £15.38 Per Hour (Depending on experience)
Hours Per Week: 37.5hrs Working Hours: Monday to Friday (Operating during commercial hours)
Job Type: Full TIme, Temporary (12 months possibly extending to 18 months)
• BSc in Health & Safety Management or Health, Safety and Environment Management or Undergraduate study or equivalent diploma that applies to IOSH Technical Safety Practitioner- Diploma (NVQ level 6) or Technical (NVQ Level 3) in Health and Safety Studies NEBOSH or equivalent
• A passion for the Environment, Health, and Safety discipline with a “can do” attitude.
• Good writing and presentation skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent organisation, communication, and time management abilities.
• Right to work in the UK for the duration of the assignment.
• Ability to work on own initiative when required as well as in a team.
• Provide pragmatic solutions to ensure work continues safely, when required.
• IOSH membership is welcome but not essential.
• Understand the Company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Policies and Processes and statutory requirements and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
• Support the EHS Manager in reviewing, updating, and implementing our procedures, EHS metrics, training matrix etc.
• Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s EHS policies and processes.
• Gather and analyse data, prior to sharing with the operational team and supply chain.
• Support and advice our service contractors on site and ensure EHS requirements are understood and followed.
• Research Safety, Health and Environmental Issues and best practices as directed by the EHS Manager.
• Provide support and management of risk assessments and Method Statements
• Undertake and/or assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of EHS performance. Utilize data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation, and intervention, while fostering continuous improvement.
• Provide administration support regarding organising EHS meetings, training etc, as requested by the EHS Manager
• Assist and support the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed by the EHS Manager
• Set standards and lead by example in the management of EHS.
• Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relations to Management and responsibilities including appropriate qualifications and professional membership.
• Apply Lean methodology to EHS process as per EHS managers guidance.
• Support regulatory critical to safety inspections and contractors coordination.
This EHS Specialist position is in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. You must be authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV through to Ruta.Kiveriene@industrialtemps.com or call our Lisburn office on 028 9260 5155 ask for Ruta.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER